Craft: Our next assignment, is to collect every assignment that we have done thus far in the semester along with everyone's assignment in the class to put it all together to form a magazine. For this end of the semester assignment, we are to use In Design to put together a total of 40 slides. These slides incorporate a table of contents, collection of everyones Abe Assignments, as well as their own illustration. We are to create a cover for our magazine, so that it reflects who we really are as a person. The first step is to create the first ten spreads, which will be 20 pages in the magazine. We combined images with the artists' text. Everyone as the same images and text, but it is up to us to arrange and create the magazine that shows our personality. The first ten spreads were very difficult, because it was the first time I was using In Design. I chose my favorite spread to put on my blog site, to show you how I created it. I first placed the image on the left side. I wanted the image to draw attention, so I made it take up the full space. On, the right side, I included a creative title with a text that matches the color of the image on the left. This draws more attention. Next, I placed the article in a three column form in order to get an affect a real magazine would create. I wanted to draw out the most important quote so I was able to do that. I made it larger and a different font from the rest of the article.Concept: I really enjoyed creating this spread, because the image is brightly colored and very detailed. I think it is such a great image that does its justice, so I did not want to be too dramatic with the fonts and colors in the article. I wanted the image to be the only thing you see. Therefore, one side is very catchy, while the other is simple but it works for the feel I was trying to go for.
Composition: Overall, this composition is very nice. I think I successfully achieved the effect I was going for. I wanted this spread to look very professional, so I did look after magazines in order to create. I followed the simplistic layouts most magazines have, where as in the other spreads I did my own thing and was very creative.

No comments:
Post a Comment