Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Week 8


Craft:  This is the final illustration of my picture combined with text.  This is the third try, so I have spend numerous times trying to fix the illustration so that it is much more appealing to the eye.  I added a few more images and also fine tuned the old illustration so that it looks very concise.  
I still stuck with the one half with a soldier in Afghanistan and the second half as a depiction of the Hollywood lifestyle.  I wanted to make the image look very realistic, so I used different brush strokes for the Palm trees.  Also, I used the flash image and star image to draw attention to the Hollywood Style.  

Concept:  I wanted to stick with the same image and make the viewer piece it together.  I have the half screen as one image and on the other half the other image to counter act it.  I wanted the viewer to think of the soldiers that are across seas fighting for our freedom, while most of the society thinks about the Hollywood lifestyle including; fame, fortune, and being a celebrity.  Everyone is so worried about what the newest trends and gossip are in Hollywood and they are not thinking of the other men risking their lives everyday.  I used the words on the bottom of the illustration "who is the American Idol?" because this describes the message I am trying to convery.

Composition:  For this final illustration I wanted to make something that appeals to the viewers eye.  By this, I made sure to brighten up the colors from the last image.  I did change the background colors and added more palm trees on one side in order to better represent Hollywood.  I wanted to use the flashes as a symbol for camera flashes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment