Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Week 10

Craft:  For this week, we were to create the next ten spreads for our magazine.  As I took the approach of being very creative and bright last week, I decided to change my direction for this week.  I wanted the image to really stand out so I made the image take up the majority of the space between the two pages.  This grabs the readers attention as they are reading this article.  I then placed the article in a two column form directly to the left of the image.  Next, I took an important quote from the article and made it stand out with a different font and size.  I wanted the title to add a very dramatic feel for the reader, so that is why I chose the font style that I did.  

Concept:  My concept for this spread was again to draw the reader to the image.  I made the image take up alot of space to grab attention.  Although, I will change this spread around because I do not think I allow enough room for the article to stand out.  I want this spread to really pop, so I may change background colors and font colors.  

Composition:  For my composition, I like how everything is layed out in this spread, but I will change the size of the images, so that the text can have more room.  Overall, I think it is a really nice spread.   

No comments:

Post a Comment