Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Week 13

Craft:  For my magazine cover I used photoshop in order to create it.  I wanted something that looked sharp.  I wanted to reader to look at the cover and go outside the box and imagine something else.  I used two separate images that I took while I was in San Francisco.  The cover is of the trolley track leading up a street leading to wherever the reader would like it to lead...it leaves room for imagination.  The back cover is an image of a street leading down to wherever the reader would like it to lead.  I copied each image into photoshop and used a purple background.  I used different fonts on the left and right side of the cover.  I wanted something different to catch the readers attention.  I used a combination of the colors of purple, white, and yellow because I like those colors.  
Concept:  I used these pictures to allow for the reader to imagine whatever they'd like to imagine.  With the pictures leading to somewhere the reader can imagine what that "somewhere" is.  
Composition: Overall, I believe that my magazine cover is very different and unique.  I'm hoping that it will catch the reader's attention and buy my magazine.  I also hope that my magazine will help other artists create a magazine on something they enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment