
Concept: For this assignment, we were to create an illustration that expressed something that told a story behind it. We were to use an image, but add a twist by also using text to describe to the audience. As I was coming up with ideas, I originally liked the idea of incorporating the idea of present day Hollywood and the affect the Hollywood persona has on every person. I cam up with this idea, but I also wanted to add more to the illustration. Therefore, I wanted to make a split illustration of what is reality in today's society compared to what people believe is the dream life. I wanted to use the idea of a soldier in Afganistan next to a celebrity walking down the red carpet in Hollywood. I wanted to draw comparison between the two and what today's society views the current issue on war.
Craft: This illustration to a very long time, because it is very detailed. The picture on the right is an idealistic view on how one may look at Hollywood. I wanted to use bright colors, stars, and flashes to depict the hollywood lifestyle. I took a very iconic representation on Hollywood, by illustrating Angelina Jolie walking down the red carpet.
Composition: I believe the composition of this illustration is very nice. Although, I believe it can be much better. This is the second picture of this illustration, so I was able to change some of the details but I soon realized I wanted to change the final illustration to something that is brighter and bolder.

No comments:
Post a Comment