Craft: We have already completed our 40 spreads, but for this week it is up to my class to critique them and tell them what they like and dislike. I learned that I need to pay attention more to the small details in each spread. I did have text overlapping with the actual image, which made it very difficult to read on some. This spread is one of my favorites, because I first did not know how to arrange it in a way to be successful to the reader. It was first a very simple, plain spread because I did not know what direction I wanted to take. Though, I was able to practice different ideas and I came up with making this spread very colorful. The image itself is a very awesome nicely illustrated image, but I wanted to spice up the spread a little bit by adding a nice pink/red color to the background. I then incorporated a cursive font style to add to the dramatic sense of the idea of loyalty friendship and love. I used a three column article to break up each segment. I pulled a very important quote out of the paper and changed that font to cursive also. Concept: My concept was to spice up the spread. I used a pink.red color for the background so the reader will get the sense of love.
Composition: overall, I love this spread the most because it is very bright and tells a great message. the image itself is nicely done, so I wanted to make it a full page. I also wanted to magnify on the article, so I used cursive.

No comments:
Post a Comment