Monday, February 23, 2009

Week 5


Assignment:  Digital Illustration of whatever we'd like.

Craft:  I wanted to use something with Hollywood and the lights, camera, action aspect of it.  Though, I did not know how to illustrate this.  As I was working, I started with an image of the mountains and the landmark words of "Hollywood"  this was a great place to start, because from there I worked around the illustration.  I illustrated palm trees, by using different colored brush strokes to get that visual effect.  I also wanted to put much attention on the sky.  Therefore, I used different stars and colors to get that effect.  I improved the illustration, by making it look realistic but at the same time like a dream world.  So I used colors that are bold.  I spent a lot of time on the soldier and how I wanted that image to turn out.  I wanted to make him look as if he were dreaming and Hollywood was his dream world.  

Composition:  I used these colors, because they are bold and dreamlike.  They make Hollywood look like a fantasy world, which was the visualization I wanted to give.  I arranged the background off to the side, as the little soldier is in the corner.  I wanted it to look like a dream for him.  Though, I need to change the arrangement of the picture by next week.  

Concept:  Going into this project, I didn't know what message I wanted to get across in my illustration.  So I was playing around with different effects and cam up with something that may not tell the story I want.  By next week, I want to change the illustration and mold the background of Hollywood and an army base in Iraq together, to give that visual instead of using a lot of words to tell the story.  

No comments:

Post a Comment